Jurisdictions across the globe have sought to expand their restructuring toolkits – spurred on by Governments seeking to support business during the COVID-19 pandemic. This has had a significant impact on the options available when restructuring business in the Asia Pacific region.
Please join us on Thursday 30 September for a webinar presented by senior members of our global restructuring team where they examine key principles and issues to consider when examining financial restructuring options for businesses incorporated in Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Indonesia or elsewhere in the Asia Pacific region. More details below.
During the webinar our panel will examine:
- the key principles when choosing the best forum to pursue a financial restructuring, including the impact of the rule in Gibbs on US Chapter 11 filings, the use of English law schemes of arrangement or (new) Part 26A restructuring plans;
- specific issues to consider for businesses incorporated in Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and Indonesia;
- the principles of restructuring bank debt v high yield bonds;
- assessing the impact of the governing law of the debt on the preferred restructuring process; and
- lessons learned from recent cases which have set the bar for future restructurings.
The webinar will run for 1 hour including a 15 minute Q&A session.
Time and Date: Thursday 30 September 2021 at 3.30pm – 4.30pm (HK/Singapore/China) / 2.30pm – 3.30pm (Jakarta) / 5.30pm – 6.30pm (Sydney) / 8.30am – 9.30am (UK)
We do hope you will be able to join us. Please register here to reserve a place and please feel free to forward this invitation to any colleagues who may be interested.