There has never been a time of greater public engagement in the whole system of Investment Treaties and the Investor State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) provisions contained within them. The ongoing negotiation of both the Trans-Pacific Partnership and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership has provoked very heated legal and political debate from both sides of the globe. Yet, while the debate rages over the provisions contained within these treaties, arbitral tribunals continue to produce arbitral awards which raise interesting new issues in this ever developing area of international law.
In this webinar, four of our Investment Treaty arbitration specialists will look at the ongoing debate surrounding investment protection and ISDS, focusing on the TTIP and TPP and the current approaches being adopted in their negotiation. They will consider what the future looks like for ISDS if these two treaties form a “blueprint” for the future of investment protection. They will also provide an update on recent developments in the sphere of investment arbitration, including the EU’s developing position on Intra-EU claims, provisional measures, arbitrator challenges and the annulment process.
Isabelle Michou, Partner, International Arbitration, Paris (Chair)
Christian Leathley, Partner, International Arbitration, London
Andrew Cannon, Partner, International Arbitration, Paris
Iain Maxwell, Of Counsel, International Arbitration, London
If you would like to register for this event please contact Jane Webber.
What is a webinar?
- A webinar is an online seminar delivered to your desktop. On the day of the webinar you will be sent a link to login to the live event.
- The webinar is recorded so you can listen again. If you are unable to listen to the live event, register anyway and you will be able to listen to the recorded version when convenient.
- CPD points are available for both events. The live event carries one accredited CPD point and the recording one non-accredited point. Further guidance can be found on the attachments tab.
- Audio is available via your PC. Click here to see if your system supports live audio streaming.
- The webinar is interactive and we welcome questions from our audience. Email your comments to the speakers on the day using the appropriate tab on the player.
- Check the attachments tab for a PDF copy of the slides and other relevant material.
… and the benefits to you
- One off registration – Register once to access any event. This will create your own account on BrightTALK, our webinar service provider. After registering you will gain access to a full programme of relevant events.
- Easier access to archived webinars – Each practice area channel holds full details of events held during the past year as well as forthcoming webinars.
- Add events to your calendar – When choosing a webinar there is now an option to add an appointment to your Outlook calendar. You can also manage your email alerts.
- Keep up-to-date with topics of emerging importance.
- Hear our experienced speakers from across our global network without leaving your office.