Wednesday 6 July 2016, 12.45 – 1.45pm BST
States are increasingly involved in disputes arising from commercial transactions and arbitrations with investors under various bilateral and multilateral investment treaties. Resolving a dispute with a state is only the first step – more significant is the ability to enforce the award.
In this webinar, our speakers will draw on recent examples to discuss:
- how enforcement against states and state entities differs from enforcing against any private award debtor,
- which enforcement measures can be taken and the factors influencing how long they may take;
- whether enforcement will be impacted by a challenge to the award; and
- the creative ways in which parties with an interest in an award can seek to locate and enforce it against state assets.
Our speakers will also consider ways of minimizing and underwriting enforcement risk.
Hannah Ambrose – Professional Support Consultant, Arbitration and Public International Law, Herbert Smith Freehills
Dominic Roughton – Partner and Global Head of Public International Law practice, Herbert Smith Freehills
Christian Leathley – Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
What is a webinar?
- A webinar is an online seminar delivered to your desktop. On the day of the webinar you will be sent a link to login to the live event.
- The webinar is recorded so you can listen again. If you are unable to listen to the live event, register anyway and you will be able to listen to the recorded version when convenient.
- Participation in webinars enables you to record 1 hour on your continuing competence personal training record. Further guidance can be found on the attachments tab.
- Audio is available via your PC. Click here to see if your system supports live audio streaming.
- The webinar is interactive and we welcome questions from our audience. Email your comments to the speakers on the day using the appropriate tab on the player.
- Check the attachments tab for a PDF copy of the slides and other relevant material.
… and the benefits to you
- One off registration – Register once to access any event. This will create your own account on BrightTALK, our webinar service provider. After registering you will gain access to a full programme of relevant events.
- Easier access to archived webinars – Each practice area channel holds full details of events held during the past year as well as forthcoming webinars.
- Add events to your calendar – When choosing a webinar there is now an option to add an appointment to your Outlook calendar. You can also manage your email alerts.
- Keep up-to-date with topics of emerging importance.
- Hear our experienced speakers from across our global network without leaving your office.
For further information or to register, please contact email@example.com.