Thursday 14th July 2016, 12.45 – 1.45pm BST
Finance parties are often inclined to revert to favoured dispute resolution choices in their transactions. This default position is largely based on their perception of what offers the greatest flexibility or the lowest risk or both. However, the legal landscape moves fast and there have been a number of recent developments that have challenged the assumptions supporting these default choices. Indeed, with careful drafting, finance parties are in a better position than ever with regard to their choice of forum for resolving disputes.
In this highly practical webinar our panel will explore a number of recent developments which have a significant impact on dispute resolution choices in finance transactions and affect how those clauses can be structured. The topics our speakers will explore include:
- the end of the threat of an "Italian torpedo" within the EU?
- the implications of Brexit for dispute resolution and governing law clauses
- the potential for a summary judgment style process in arbitration
- recent changes to the position on unilateral option clauses in transactions related to France
- alternatives to arbitration in Asia Pacific: the Singapore International Commercial Court
Our speakers will also discuss the issue of "Brexit-proofing" contracts in the context of dispute resolution.
Vanessa Naish, Professional Support Consultant, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
Nick Peacock, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
Adam Johnson, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
What is a webinar?
- A webinar is an online seminar delivered to your desktop. On the day of the webinar you will be sent a link to login to the live event.
- The webinar is recorded so you can listen again. If you are unable to listen to the live event, register anyway and you will be able to listen to the recorded version when convenient.
- Participation in webinars enables you to record 1 hour on your continuing competence personal training record. Further guidance can be found on the attachments tab.
- Audio is available via your PC. Click here to see if your system supports live audio streaming.
- The webinar is interactive and we welcome questions from our audience. Email your comments to the speakers on the day using the appropriate tab on the player.
- Check the attachments tab for a PDF copy of the slides and other relevant material.
… and the benefits to you
- One off registration – Register once to access any event. This will create your own account on BrightTALK, our webinar service provider. After registering you will gain access to a full programme of relevant events.
- Easier access to archived webinars – Each practice area channel holds full details of events held during the past year as well as forthcoming webinars.
- Add events to your calendar – When choosing a webinar there is now an option to add an appointment to your Outlook calendar. You can also manage your email alerts.
- Keep up-to-date with topics of emerging importance.
- Hear our experienced speakers from across our global network without leaving your office.
For further information or to register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.