London International Disputes Week 2021 (LIDW21) comes at a significant period for the UK legal sector, in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, post-Brexit and amid an uncertain global political environment.
With its theme: “Looking forward: change, challenge and opportunity”, LIDW21 will provide crucial insights on the business and law of international dispute resolution. The programme draws on contemporary global issues facing the sector, including the rise of group actions, the role of technology, the rule of law, climate change, social responsibility, and ethics.
Herbert Smith Freehills is co-hosting the following virtual member-hosted events throughout the week:
- The new regime for trial witness statements: what to watch out for
Wednesday, 12 May 2021, 09.00-10.00 (co-hosted with One Essex Court) – Register here
- The future of oil and gas disputes
Thursday, 13 May 2021, 18.00-19.00 (co-hosted with Quadrant Chambers) – Register here
- The impact of litigation analytics on London dispute resolution
Friday, 14 May 2021, 11.00-12.00 (co-hosted with Brick Court Chambers) – Register here
Lawyers from Herbert Smith Freehills are also speaking at the following sessions:
- How can London remain a forum of choice for parties to MENA disputes?
Monday, 10 May 2021, 09.00-10.00 (co-hosted with HKA) – Register here
- Breaking the mould – new approaches to evidence in the digital age
Wednesday, 12 May, 12.00-13.00 – Register here (Please note that this is part of the main conference and you will need to have registered for the conference to attend this session)
- Challenges and opportunities in investor-state dispute settlement
Friday, 14 May 2021, 09.00-11.00 – Register here
- Construction disputes in a post-COVID world
Friday, 14 May 2021, 15.00-16.00 – Register here