Head of HSF’s Global Arbitration Practice and President of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Court, Paula Hodges QC, will be taking part in the joint Vietnam Academy for Arbitration-CIArb Vietnam Chapter roundtable discussion on “Institutional Reforms – Transforming International Arbitration“, taking place on Wednesday 8 September 2021.
The topics to be discussed at the roundtable include:
- The appointment of arbitrators and challenges to jurisdiction and / or an arbitrator’s impartiality;
- Diversifying the pool of arbitrators;
- Party autonomy and the powers of the tribunal;
- Cost effectiveness vis-a-vis due process paranoia;
- Quality control: review and scrutiny of arbitral awards and support provided to the tribunal in the entire proceedings;
- Virtual hearing protocols;
- Further reforms to make arbitration services more accessible, affordable and user-friendly; and
- Collaboration and joint initiatives with other institutions.
Paula will be joined at the roundtable by other thought leaders from prominent arbitral institutions, including Gary Born, President of the SIAC Court of Arbitration, Sarah Grimmer, Secretary-General of HKIAC and Prof. Hi-Taek Shin, Chairman of KCAB International.
The discussion will focus on the ongoing reforms and initiatives of arbitral institutions and how they contribute to the development and evolution of international arbitration and directly impact the arbitral process for disputing parties.
More information on the roundtable can be found here.
Registration for the roundtable, taking place on Wednesday 8 September at 17:00 – 18:30 (GMT +7), is available here.