We are delighted to share with you the new publication from Herbert Smith Freehills' Global Arbitration Practice, Inside Arbitration. In our first edition:
- Dr Jacomijn van Haersolte-van Hof, Director General of the London Court of International Arbitration considers how the 2014 Rules are working in practice and the LCIA's efforts to share more information with its users
- Craig Tevendale talks about how he came to be fluent in Arabic, and how this shapes the perspective he brings to international disputes
- Donald Robertson and Leon Chun consider the Trans-Pacific Partnership and discusses the breadth of the agreement and the impact it will have in the region and for our clients across the globe
- Brenda Horrigan talks through her transition from transactional lawyer to arbitration practitioner in Russia, Paris and Shanghai
- Larry Shore, Christian Leathley and Isabelle Michou look at the various stages in making an investment at which investment risk can be mitigated by investment protection and treaty planning
- Paula Hodges QC, Konrad de Kerloy and Ante Golem focus on an issue that arose on one of their recent cases that required some creative thinking: pre-emption rights and how to bypass them
Herbert Smith Freehills' Global Arbitration Practice is also pleased to share with our clients and colleagues in the arbitration market an infographic providing a snapshot of our work in the two years 2013-2015. Amongst other things it identifies the volume of cases and the value of the claims and counterclaims in our portfolio in those two years. The infographic is available here and at page 11 of Inside Arbitration.
We hope that you enjoy reading this first issue of Inside Arbitration. Your comments and feedback are very welcome.
For more information, please contact Hannah Ambrose, Professional Support Consultant, Vanessa Naish, Professional Support Consultant or your usual Herbert Smith Freehills contact.