We have just released our monthly update podcast, in which we discuss and debate the key recent judgments likely to be of interest to financial institutions. This episode is hosted by John Corrie, a partner in our banking litigation team, who is joined by Ceri Morgan and special guest Nic Patmore.
- Court of Appeal upholds High Court contractual construction of CLO transaction
- High Court finds in favour of novel duty of care on employers (or quasi-employers) to protect against economic loss by providing an “ethically safe” work environment
- High Court declines to adjourn five-week trial due to COVID-19 pressures
- High Court refuses to set aside or vary disclosure order despite risk of foreign criminal or regulatory sanctions
- Competing class actions in the Competition Appeal Tribunal: no preliminary ruling on carriage issue
Please subscribe to the podcast channel here to listen to our regular bite-sized broadcasts covering both litigation and regulatory developments for banks and other financial institutions.