We have just released our monthly update podcast, in which we discuss and debate the key recent judgments likely to be of interest to financial institutions. This episode is hosted by John Corrie, a partner in our banking litigation team, who is joined by Ceri Morgan and special guest Georgia Nickson.
- Court of Appeal upholds High Court’s decision on the preferred contractual construction of a term in an exclusion clause
- Commercial Court grants declaratory relief to bank relating to its rights under the 1992 ISDA Master Agreement
- High Court strikes out two IRHP mis-selling claims on the grounds of abuse of process, limitation and underdeveloped allegations of fraud
- High Court refuses to strike out Quincecare duty claim against a PSP where its customer was hijacked by fraudsters
- High Court considers Quincecare and dishonest assistance claims against bank in context of Ponzi scheme
- High Court finds no need to enquire into qualifications of foreign lawyer in applying English law privilege
Please subscribe to the podcast channel here to listen to our regular bite-sized broadcasts covering both litigation and regulatory developments for banks and other financial institutions.