We have just released our monthly update podcast, in which we discuss and debate the key recent judgments likely to be of interest to financial institutions. This episode is hosted by John Corrie, a partner in our banking litigation team, who is joined by Ceri Morgan and special guest Mannat Sabhikhi.
- High Court determines that reliance issues in context of a s.90A FSMA claim should be heard at first trial
- High Court strikes out s.90A FSMA claims for failure to comply with pre-service joinder rules following expiration of arguable limitation period
- Supreme Court allows appeal in jurisdictional challenge relating to parent company duty of care
- High Court considers principles relating to cut-off dates and the costs of advertising in group litigation
- High Court finds that a claimant’s “awareness” of a representation is an essential prerequisite to a claim for misrepresentation
Please subscribe to the podcast channel here to listen to our regular bite-sized broadcasts covering both litigation and regulatory developments for banks and other financial institutions.