We have just released our monthly update podcast, in which we discuss and debate the key recent judgments likely to be of interest to financial institutions. This episode is hosted by John Corrie, a partner in our banking litigation team, who is joined by Ceri Morgan and special guest Elena Kormosh.
- High Court considers application of COBS and Braganza duty to close out of trading account
- High Court grants bank access to customer documentation relating to receivables in securitisation transaction
- Court of Appeal upholds summary judgment for rent accrued during Covid closures of commercial premises, rejecting arguments based on implied terms and “failure of basis”
- FCA confirms final rules for new Consumer Duty
- Indemnity costs awarded against party who dismissed complaints about witness statement non-compliance as “nit-picking”
- Russian sovereign debt defaults: a disputes perspective
Please subscribe to the podcast channel here to listen to our regular bite-sized broadcasts covering both litigation and regulatory developments for banks and other financial institutions.