In today’s webinar, Tom Henderson, Senior Associate and member of our core Brexit team, was joined by Oliver Lewis, Director at Hanbury Strategy, to reflect on the outcome of the European Parliament elections in the UK and the Prime Minister’s announcement last week that she will resign as a party leader and Prime Minister. As one of the leaders of Hanbury Strategy’s Brexit team and former adviser to various Cabinet Ministers, Oliver is well placed to share his insights on the current state of play.
In an informative discussion, Oliver gave us his thoughts on a variety of issues including:
- The impact of the election results on party politics for Labour and the Conservatives;
- Expected timetable of the Conservative party leadership contest;
- The Prime Minister’s possible successors;
- The increasing risk of a “no-deal” Brexit;
- The prospects of a general election, second referendum and further Article 50 extension.
To access the webinar recording, please contact Prudence Heidemans. If anyone has questions arising out of the webinar, they can submit them via the webinar app and we will respond via email.