Civil Fraud and Asset Tracing Notes is the Herbert Smith Freehills’ blog where clients will find the latest developments of potential relevance to civil fraud and asset-tracing in England, and across a number of other jurisdictions.
We help our clients to navigate complex, high value and multi-jurisdictional fraud investigations, and fraud claims in both litigation and arbitration (including enforcement).
Our civil fraud and asset tracing specialists work with multinational corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, state-owned corporations and prominent individuals drawing on our unique global reach and resources.
When managing multi-jurisdictional disputes and when needing to trace assets abroad, we provide our seamless, integrated approach and a global network of solicitors and advocates who have experience litigating in all the major jurisdictions where the proceeds of fraud are often secreted.
Our broad experience covers the co-ordination of large-scale civil fraud claims, international asset tracing, enforcement, insurance coverage advice, public relations, continuous disclosure, employment and other related issues. Our team also has experience in obtaining urgent interim relief including freezing orders, search orders, proprietary injunctions, Norwich Pharmacal orders requiring the delivery up of passports.
This blog has been created as a way to share updates and insights with clients and practitioners in an effective and user-friendly manner. There are a number of ways to navigate around the site, depending on what you are looking for:
- Click on a jurisdiction from the drop down menu if you want to find everything published in relation to a jurisdiction in which we operate, or where fraud claims are commonly litigated.
- Click on a category from the list in the right-hand sidebar if you want to find everything published on the site relating to a general topic or practice area.
- Click on a tag from the “tag cloud” if you want to track what has been happening in relation to a more specific topic or development. (Note that the size of text in the tag cloud varies depending on how many posts are tagged to a particular term.)
- Enter a term in the search box if you want to find all articles containing the term in question.
- Click on a month from the archive list if you want to find all articles on the site that were published in a particular month.
Although the blog was launched in October 2018, to make the site more useful from “day one” we have “pre-populated” it with selected articles and blog postings from our other blogs from before that date.
You can subscribe to this blog if you would like our updates sent to you by e-mail as soon as they are posted, or you can subscribe via a reader – see the icons in the right-hand sidebar.