We are pleased to announce the release of the first episode in our Construction Law Masters in Asia podcast series. The series will welcome distinguished guests from the construction industry from across Asia to discuss their unique experiences and views of various aspects of construction law and practice.
The first episode features Anselmo Reyes, former Judge of the Court of First Instance in Hong Kong and currently Professor of Legal Practice in the Faculty of Law at the University of Hong Kong who speaks to Counsel Daniel Waldek, in Herbert Smith Freehills’ Construction & Infrastructure Disputes Practice in Singapore, about a range of issues including:
- the rise of construction mediation in Hong Kong
- building a list of principles to guide arbitrators
- the future development of online dispute resolution driven by COVID-19
- what makes the Singapore International Commercial Court suited to construction disputes
- advocacy tips for the construction arbitration practitioner.
Other episodes will interview guests from Malaysia, China, Japan, Australia and Indonesia.
This episode and the sound bites can be found at the links below:
- Full interview
- Soundbite 1: The impact of Covid-19 on dispute resolution
- Soundbite 2: The rise of construction mediation in Hong Kong
- Soundbite 3: Due process paranoia in arbitration
- Soundbite 4: 3 advocacy tips for construction arbitration practitioners
We hope that you enjoy listening to this episode.