We are pleased to share the third episode in our Construction Law Masters in Asia podcast series in which we welcome distinguished guests from the construction industry from across Asia to discuss their unique experiences and views of various aspects of construction law and practice.
In this episode series, Hew Kian Heong (Partner and Joint Global Head of Construction Disputes based in our Shanghai and Beijing offices) interviews John Bishop, one of the world’s pre-eminent construction experts. John has over 50 years of experience in the legal and construction industries, having handled thousands of international construction, engineering and energy related disputes as counsel, arbitrator, adjudicator, Dispute Board Member, and mediator in many countries around the world. John is currently practising as a full time independent arbitrator from bases in Beijing, Hong Kong and London. He joins us to discuss:
- Significant milestones in the development of construction law in the last 50 years
- ADR in action on the Channel Tunnel Project
- The “memorial” approach in international arbitration
- Use of Dispute Boards in construction projects
- Mediation of construction disputes between parties from different cultures
This episode and the soundbites can be found on here.
We hope that you enjoy listening to this episode.