London-based Construction Disputes Partner David Nitek will be speaking at the King’s College London International Construction Arbitration Conference, on 14 September 2023.
This annual conference, now in its fourth edition, brings together leading practitioners in construction law dealing with the new and most pressing issues that have emerged over the past 12 months and are likely to be topical going forward, providing an international and practical perspective on arbitration and dispute resolution.
David will be speaking on the afternoon panel session “Procedural Order No. 1: views from counsel and tribunal“. Other topics to be covered during the conference are:
- The use of FIDIC and NEC forms from the point of view of the employer and contractor in the international market
- Digital tools in construction dispute resolution: how can we harness AI and digitalisation to resolve disputes efficiently?
- The role of non-lawyer arbitrators in construction disputes
- Effective advocacy in construction arbitration: making your case and persuading the tribunal
- AI and Humans and Their Respective Roles in the Resolution of Construction Disputes
- What should we expect in the next wave of disputes arising out of renewable energy projects?
- The new wave of nuclear: what are the challenges and opportunities for the industry?
- The pros and cons of DABs. Where do we stand?
Details of the conference are as follows:
Date: 14 September 2023
Time: 9:00 to 17:00 BST
Venue: Ashworth Centre, The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, London WC2A 3TL
For more information and to register, please click here.