In the latest episode in our public M&A podcast series, we look at recent situations where we have seen shareholders influence a bid situation, including by:
- encouraging M&A;
- affecting M&A; or
- threatening M&A.
Our public M&A podcast series
All our UK public M&A podcasts are available on our public M&A podcast page. In earlier episodes we discuss:
- formal sale processes;
- standards of disclosure on public M&A;
- statements of intention;
- conditions to an offer and when a condition can be invoked;
- public to private (or P2P) bids;
- the influence of target shareholders on a bid;
- how the UK Takeover Code applies in a distressed situation;
- the Takeover Panel consultation paper on conditions to an offer and the offer
- timetable; and
- public M&A activity in 2020 and what we expect to see in 2021.