“Data Notes” is Herbert Smith Freehills’ new data know-how and news blog where you will find the latest legal developments worldwide on all things data, including data protection, privacy and cyber security.
The blog has been created as a way to share global updates and insights in an effective and user-friendly manner. There are a number of ways to navigate around the site, depending on what you are looking for:
- Click on the drop-down menus “Regions”, “Categories”, “Type” and “Year”, to narrow your search according to jurisdiction, topic, type of publication or date.
- Click on a tag at the bottom of a post if you want to track what has been happening in relation to a more specific development.
- Enter a term in the search box if you want to find all posts containing the term in question.
- Click on a month from the archive list if you want to find all posts on the site that were published in a particular month.
- Click on the “Team” tab to see a list of our team members grouped by global region. To view each member’s CV and contact details, click on the arrow below their photo.
If you wish to manage your subscription preferences so that you only receive email notifications about posts relating to developments in certain regions, you can do this at any time by clicking on the “Subscribe” button located at the top of the “Home” page. Next, click “Manage your subscription”, where you will be prompted to enter your registered email address and follow the instructions to change your subscription settings. Otherwise, we will notify you about new posts concerning all regions.
Although this blog was launched on 7 January 2019, to make the site more useful we have “pre-populated” it with various bulletins on data topics previously posted on our website.
Please email us if you wish to provide feedback.