UK: New publications – employment status review, industrial disputes report, and guidance on BYOD, tax-free childcare and surveillance
- BIS has launched an employment review intended to “help clarify and potentially strengthen the employment status of up to a million British workers”. Interim findings are expected by the end of 2014 and recommendations should be made by March 2015.
- The Carr review into the alleged use of ‘extreme tactics’ in industrial disputes has been published. Due to the limited evidence provided, the report does not reach any firm conclusions on the level of use nor does it make any recommendations for reform.
- The Government has published new guidance on managing BYOD risk, setting out best practice for ensuring device security and designing network architecture so as to prevent devices from accessing particularly sensitive data.
- HMRC has invited comments by 15 December 104 on draft guidance on the new tax-free childcare regime due to be implemented in autumn 2015.
- The Information Commissioner’s Office has updated its code on the use of surveillance and CCTV, reflecting developments in technology. The changes are summarised here.