To register to listen to the recording or download as a podcast please contact Jane Webber who will send you confirmation of your log-in details.
Data protection is a key issue particularly for clients operating in multiple jurisdictions. With the background of the new EU Data Protection Regulation being debated in Europe, with more significant financial penalties on the horizon, this webinar looks at employment-related data protection issues clients with operations across Europe should be considering now as well as what they should be thinking about going forward.
At this webinar, the second of our data protection for employers series, we will consider the following topics on a pan-European basis (focusing particularly on France, Germany, Spain and the UK):
- How to monitor emails and use CCTV in the context of internal and external investigations involving employees
- How to deal with requests for personal data from regulatory authorities
- What to bear in mind when transferring personal data within and outside the EEA (e.g. offshoring HR functions)
- Issues to consider when transferring personal data to third parties (e.g. outsourcing pre-employment checks)
- Drafting valid employee consents to use/transfer personal data
- Considering the use of subject access requests
- Points to bear in mind when drafting/implementing global employment-related data protection policies
- What are the issues likely to give rise to potential liability?
- Update you on employment-related data protection developments
To listen to an update on the UK related data protection issues for employers, first broadcast on 29 September 2014 please click here.
Eduardo Gomez de Enterria, Partner, Employment, Madrid
Please contact Jane Webber to register to listen to the podcast.