Welcome to our new look Employment Notes.
Our blog has recently been updated with a new design. As well as a new look, the subscription process of our blog has recently been updated.
Our blog now offers the opportunity to choose what jurisdictions/categories you want to receive alerts for.
If you are happy to still receive all posts from this blog there is no action to be taken. If you wish to choose from a list of jurisdictions/categories, visit the subscribe form here and enter your details.
See our recent posts here:
- UK: employer policy on reasonable adjustments for disability relevant to scope of duty
- UK: Increases to statutory rates and new workers’ right to payslips from April 2019
- UK: tribunal ruling highlights risks associated with positive action
- UK: gender pay gap reporting deadline passes, new guidance published
- Extension of IR35 reforms to the private sector: Government shifts compliance burdens to business
- UK: new resources on mental health, neurodiversity and disability passports
- UK: communicating with employees on maternity leave
- UK: requirement for causal link between disability and unfavourable treatment not satisfied by mistaken belief
- UK: personal injury compensation award for breach of working time rest break rules
- UK: ‘bad leaver’ provision triggered by resignation was not a penalty
- UK: ‘reasonable and proper cause’ needed to justify suspension pending disciplinary investigation
- UK: compensatory rest break need only be equivalent, not identical
- UK: Government consultation on regulation of confidentiality clauses in settlement agreements and employment contracts
- UK: dismissal for personal reason on occasion of TUPE transfer automatically unfair
- UK: dismissal automatically unfair where employer used TUPE transfer as opportunity to dismiss for pre-existing concerns
- UK: no unlawful direct discrimination where treatment due to belief of discriminator rather than victim
- UK: interim injunction prevents workplace culture disclosures to media
- ADR for employment lawyers: lessons from the Civil Justice Council?
- UK: scope of hirer liability for compensation for breach of agency worker rules
- UK: pay gap reporting – yet more guidance on gender reports and ethnicity pay gap initiative