The October monthly update looks at:
- in Singapore, the upcoming changes to compensation limit increases in the Work Injury Compensation Act;
- a recent regulation that widens the number of available positions that expatriate workers can hold in Indonesia;
- a Hong Kong District Court decision that considered whether conduct justifying summary dismissal can act as a defence to a discrimination claim;
- our Compliance Check that reminds employers of their obligations towards HIV and AIDS-positive employees in the Philippines;
- a comparison between the laws relating to working hours and overtime in Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam.
Finally, a reminder to readers based in Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta – we will be holding events to support the upcoming launch of the Asia Pacific Employment Law Guide in Kuala Lumpur on 6 November and Jakarta on 13 November. If you would like to attend either of these events, please contact Chrysti Claudia Luckynelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.