This month’s update looks at:
- the rise of “patahara” (paternity related harassment) in Japan, in particular the most recent legal challenge considering this issue;
- in Singapore, the Government’s upcoming plans to increase the retirement age and re-employment age and what employers need to do to prepare;
- the Indonesian government’s proposal to reform the existing labour legislation and the impact of the proposed changes;
- our Compliance Check on employer obligations in relation to workplace sexual harassment in China;
- a comparison of laws relating to working hours and overtime in Singapore, Japan and Thailand.
Finally, a reminder to readers in Jakarta – we will be holding an event to support the launch of our Asia Employment Law Guide on 13 November. If you would like to attend, please contact Chrysti Claudia Luckynelly at email@example.com.
For readers based in Singapore – we are holding a breakfast seminar discussing the enforceability of restraint of trade and non solicitation clauses across the region on 19 November. If you would like to attend, please RSVP.