Our Asia Employment, Pensions and Incentives update this month looks at:
- the new measures in South Korea introducing paid emergency childcare leave to ease the burden on working parents;
- the Employment Adjustment Subsidy in Japan, intended to try and prevent employers from resorting to immediate redundancies;
- in Thailand, the new data protection rules and how they impact the collection of COVID-19 data;
- this month’s Asia Comparative Article, which looks at the requirements and restrictions around the use of fixed term employment contracts in Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Taiwan and the PRC; and
- our Compliance Check this month, which will help businesses ready for reopening in Singapore and sets out the Safe Management Measures that need to be implemented.
In addition, our Hong Kong team recently published an article for employers returning to work. You can access that article here.
Finally, don’t forget our upcoming regional webinar on return to work measures, taking place on 21 May 2020. You can register for that webinar here.