As workplaces are slowly beginning to re-open, new challenges arise for employment law and HR teams. Our Asia Employment, Pensions and Incentives update this month looks at:
- the various measures introduced by the Department of Labour and Employment measures introduced in the Philippines, to preserve employment during the Covid-19 pandemic
- the conflicting views around whether the disruption caused by Covid-19 is sufficient excuse for missing the filing deadline for an unfair dismissal claim in Malaysia
- guidance on retrenchment benefits payable to employees who are retrenched as a result of Covid-19, in Singapore
- reducing post-pandemic economic burdens in the PRC, in our first dual-language article
- our Compliance Check this month, which looks at the health and safety obligations in Indonesia, and
- our Comparative Article that considers the employment obligations arising from a business transfer, comparing the positions in Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia.
If you missed the webinar hosted by Fatim Jumabhoy and Drew Pearson on safe return to work in Australia, and what employers need to do to prepare for reopening, you can access the recording here. As part of Pride month, our next webinar on the 30th June will discuss LGBTQ+ protections in the workplace. For more details, please contact Nawarat Tippawang.
As always, do reach out if we can assist with your employment law issues across the region.