Our Asia Employment, Pensions and Incentives update this month looks at:
- the recent decision of the Industrial Court in Malaysia, which considered what amounts to sexual harassment, taking into account local culture and sensitivities;
- the legal issues regarding employers revoking offers of employment after they have been accepted in the PRC;
- a new Decree issued by the Vietnamese government, allowing certain eligible employers to apply for a lower statutory social insurance contribution rate;
- our Compliance Check this month focuses on the increasing scrutiny on foreign hire in Singapore and
- our Asia Comparative article compares the obligations on employers in relation to sexual harassment in Singapore, Hong Kong, PRC, Indonesia and Thailand.
We are also hosting a webinar on executive employee dismissals in the PRC and Hong Kong on 26th August. If you would like to join this webinar, please register here.
As always, do reach out if we can assist with your employment law issues across the region.