Our Asia Employment, Pensions and Incentives update this month covers:
- our Compliance Check in Singapore, looking at the subtle changes to the Tripartite Advisory on Managing Excess Manpower and Responsible Retrenchment;
- our dual-language article on the differences in limitation periods between civil cases and labour disputes in the PRC;
- the recent case of Yung Wai Tak Abraham William v Natural Daily (NZ) Holding Ltd in Hong Kong that held a corporate group was liable for employment claims made by an employee of its subsidiary despite there being no written employment contract between the employee and the group;
- our Asia Comparative Article, which this month looks at health and safety obligations when working from home in Hong Kong, Indonesia, PRC, Singapore and Thailand and
- Indonesia’s long awaited labour reforms and whether the reforms are actually pro-employer.
We also recorded our first Chinese language employment seminar, looking at non-competition agreements in the PRC, take a listen here.
As always, do reach out if we can assist with your employment law issues across the region.