Our Asia Employment, Pensions and Incentives update this month covers:
- the updated requirements on stay permits and visitor visas in Indonesia following the easing of immigration restrictions on 1 October 2020;
- the grounds on which an employer can seek the dissolution of a trade union in Thailand and whether doing so amounts to an unfair labour practice;
- the rules in the PRC on annual leave encashment and forfeiture;
- our Compliance Check this month, which looks at the Job Support Scheme (JSS) introduced in Singapore and whether there are any restrictions in implementing cost saving measures or retrenching employees where they have received JSS payouts and
- our Asia Comparative Article which compares the rules around probationary periods in Hong Kong, Indonesia, the PRC, Singapore and Thailand.
If you missed our recent webinar on the recent labour reforms in Indonesia, outlined in the Omnibus Bill, you can listen to it on demand here.
In addition, for those who missed our webinar on Vietnam’s new Labour Code (which comes into force in the new year), you can listen here.
As always, do reach out if we can assist with your employment law issues across the region.