It’s the final Asia EPI e-bulletin of the year, and what a year it has been! Our Asia Employment, Pensions and Incentives update this month covers:
- the recent Court of Appeal judgment in Singapore, which considers what amounts to confidential information and what a business must show to claim damages for a breach;
- the changes to trade secrets in the PRC and the greater protection now afforded to employers in an otherwise very difficult area;
- the Hong Kong decision in AB Club Ltd & Anors v Chan Yin Ki Cubie & Anors  HKCFI 2769 that reinforces the need for speed when seeking to enforce post-employment covenants;
- our Compliance Check, which this month looks at changes to Japan’s flexible child and family nursing leave, which now allow employees to take their leave in the hourly chunks; and
- our Comparative Article that considers the obligations on employers when conducting investigations in Singapore, Hong Kong, PRC, and Thailand.
To all our clients, we wish you a peaceful and safe end of year and look forward to working with you in 2020. As ever, if you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.