Our June update covers the following:
- a look at the proposed legislation which will enhance the penalties for occupational health and safety offences in Hong Kong, here;
- the tightening of the rules relating to social security and housing fund contributions in the PRC – see here;
- in Sri Lanka, the new Personal Data Protection Act comes into effect from 2023 – see our update on the obligations imposed on employers;
- our Compliance Check focusses on Taiwan, and changes to duty hours, which are now caught by overtime requirements;
- our Asia Comparative Article looks at the current position on Covid-19 contacts, and the workplace requirements for those returning to the office, comparing the rules in Singapore, Hong Kong, the PRC and Indonesia.
Following the success of our Mandarin language webinar on employment issues during the lockdown and return to work requirements in the PRC (click here to access the recording), we will be running an English language version on 30th June. Click here to register.
As always, please do reach out if we can assist with any of your employment law needs across the region.
Head of Employment, Pensions & Incentives, Asia