What are the potential battle lines between the operator and non-operators in the low oil price environment? How does the RPO manage competing commercial interests, such as divergence in availability of capital or attitude to decarbonisation? Do the same considerations apply to sellers under long term contracts who have agreed to operate in accordance with the RPO standard? In our latest podcast, Tomas Furlong, Irina Akentjeva and Mitchell Dearness discuss how operators can make these decisions without breaching the RPO standard. The episode can be listened to here.
The full series and accompanying articles can also be found on our website here. The series currently features episodes on:
- Allocating contractual risk and reward with host states in challenging times
- How investment treaties can protect foreign investments against State action
- Misalignment on expenditure: partner funding and sole risk
- Payment defaults and avoiding the splintering of joint ventures
with upcoming episodes covering:
- Supply chains in times of disruption: as strong as the weakest link
- Take or pay, but at what price and when?