Decommissioning was already a ‘hot topic’ before the oil price crash, with an increasing number of assets around the world expected to enter the decommissioning phase in the next few years. In the latest episode of our Navigating the Low Oil Price Environment podcast series Irina Akentjeva and Susan Field discuss how the low oil prices have amplified some of the challenges faced by operators with regard to their decommissioning liabilities, and may also drive change in the regulatory space.
The episode can be listened to here.
The full series and accompanying articles can also be found on our website here. The series features episodes on:
- Allocating contractual risk and reward with host states in challenging times
- How investment treaties can protect foreign investments against State action
- Misalignment on expenditure: partner funding and sole risk
- Payment defaults and avoiding the splintering of joint ventures
- Supply chains in times of disruption: market reactions and the way forward
with upcoming episodes on:
Take or pay, but at what price and when?