The international fintech team at Herbert Smith Freehills includes more than twenty partners and a large team of other experts, who cover all relevant legal areas. Our team is spread across the globe from London, through France and Germany, to Dubai, Singapore, Indonesia, Tokyo and Australia.
We advise participants across the fintech sector, from major incumbent financial institutions who are expanding their tech offering, to established challengers and fintech firms who are looking to grow, to start-up or scale-up businesses seeking early stage capital.
Our expertise covers technology and IT platforms, fundraising and other corporate matters, cyber security and data protection, financial services regulation, IP, competition law, and disputes.
Significant clients include:
- mobile payments businesses, including Apple, Visa, Bharti, Klarna, Monetise, and Virgin Money;
- payments services and e-commerce providers, including GlobalCollect, Play.com, Klarna, heidelpay, Mobilemode, Pure Commerce, and Edebex;
- challenger banks, including Clear.Bank and Tandem Money;
- investors including Temasek, Khazanah, SoftBank, and Goldman Sachs; and
- incumbent institutions, including Bank of Ireland, Lloyds Banking Group, and Commonwealth Bank of Australia.