Our Financial Services Regulatory team surveys the regulatory landscape for 2022 and identifies themes that we expect to be at the core of regulatory priorities globally over the next 12 months.
On 7 December 2021, HSF published its annual Financial Services Regulatory Outlook report surveying the global regulatory landscape for 2022 which addressed the following nine areas of focus:
- improving customer outcomes;
- growth of ransomware attacks and demands;
- tackling systematic and consumer risks in cryptocurrency markets;
- leveraging the benefits and minimizing the risks of artificial intelligence;
- central bank digital currencies and their impact on the payments landscape;
- increasing regulatory scrutiny of debt capital markets;
- the emerging global trend towards pricing regulation in the insurance sector;
- regulators embarking on a journey to enhance diversity and inclusion; and
- striking a balance between post-pandemic forbearance and the need to enforce regulatory priorities.
You can view the report here.
In addition, our 2021 Global Bank Review looks at how all things ESG are helping to create a purposeful future.