Our regular patent and pharma update aims to keep you informed of recent developments in United Kingdom and European law relating to patents and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Regeneron's transgenic mice patents held invalid for insufficiency by English Patents Court
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc v Kymab Ltd & Anor  EWHC 87 (Pat), 1 February 2016. Read more
- English Patents Court grants Actavis pan-European declarations of non-infringement for its lung cancer treatment
Actavis UK Ltd & Ors v Eli Lilly & Co (Rev 1)  EWHC 234 (Pat), 12 February 2016. Read more
- English Patents Court refuses Janssen's application to stay proceedings pending EPO opposition decision
Eli Lilly And Co. v Janssen Sciences Ireland UC  EWHC 313 (Pat), 18 February 2016. Read more
- Medac's methotrexate formulation patent found invalid by the English Patents Court
Accord Healthcare Ltd v medac Gesellschaft Für Klinische Spezialpräparate Mbh  EWHC 24 (Pat), 13 January 2016. Read more
- English Court of Appeal declares patent obvious by considering information "the skilled person would ask" Richter Gedeon Vegyeszeti Gyar RT v Generics (UK) Ltd (t/a) Mylan  EWCA Civ 410, 26 April 2016. Read more
- Grant of MA with post-authorisation conditions can define the start of the 10 year data exclusivity period Accord Healthcare Ltd & Anor v Astellas Pharma GmbH & Anor  EWHC 3676 (Ch), 16 December 2015. Read more
- American Science & Engineering's mobile X-ray backscatter inspection system patent held valid by the English Patents Court
American Science & Engineering Inc v Rapiscan Systems Ltd  EWHC 756 (Pat), 11 April 2016. Read more
- GSK and generics fined £45 million for anti-competitive 'pay-for-delay' agreements
Final infringement decision, Paroxetine investigation: anti-competitive agreements and conduct, Case reference: CE/9531-11, UK Competition and Markets Authority, 12 February 2016. Read more
Click here for a summary table of key points from featured decisions related to patents.
Click here for a summary table of key points from featured decisions on issues other than patents.
Krishna KakkaiyadiAssociate (India)
+44 20 7466 2979
Grace PeadAssociate (Australia)
+44 20 7466 7518