The new UPC website carries information on (inter alia):
- The UPC Registry – When the UPC is live you will be able to search for cases from this page using the UPC’s case finder
- The documents establishing the Court and its committees, including the Protocols and the Rules of Procedure and Court Fees
- UPC structure
- Details of participating member states and the location of the courts of the central and local divisions of the Court of First Instance, the Court of Appeal, the Training Centre and
- The Patent Mediation and Arbitration Centre
- Language of proceedings
- Registration as a Representative
- Registry and Sub-Registries contact information
- Committees Representatives
- Any official communication of the Court
- Current and upcoming vacancies at the Court
The site says that information on the Court’s Judges will be added in November and that publication of new content will occur during three main phases:
- Today’s publication online of the first version of the site;
- More content will be released during the Sunrise period;
- Another update will follow during the Entry into force period.
Subscribe to our IP blog for regular updates on the UPC as it enters its final implementation phase.
For commentary on the UPC and unitary patent – see Herbert Smith Freehills’ UPC & UP Hub.