Current events related to Covid-19 and the related economic impact are raising a number of time critical issues that sponsors and trustees of defined benefit schemes need to address. To help with this, we have created checklists (based on our experience advising clients to date) which summarise the key pensions-related issues and regulatory guidance that trustees and sponsors need to consider in relation to defined benefit schemes:
The checklists cover key issues relating to:
- business continuity and the ongoing operation of the scheme
- funding and handling requests to defer deficit recovery contributions
- data protection and cybersecurity,
- pension scams and member communications, and
- scenario planning for future events.
If you have particular concerns about your scheme or sponsor please contact us.
These checklists should be read alongside our Covid-19 briefings which include: