On 16 September 2020, we hosted a webinar on public law for pension professionals .
The matters that pension professionals deal with will often bring them, either directly or indirectly, into the legal framework which governs the actions of public authorities. This can be anything from considering the validity of:
- regulatory action taken by the Pensions Regulator
- actions and decisions of the Department for Work and Pensions, or
- a decision of the Pensions Ombudsman.
In addition, for certain purposes a body such as the Institute of Actuaries will be governed by the legal framework relating to public authorities.
In this webinar, we explain:
- when the public law framework applies
- the application of the principles to scenarios which may be faced by pension professionals, and
- how public law is relevant to the work of pension professionals in day-to-day practice and the issues to look out for.
The webinar is available to listen to on demand here.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of our team.