We are delighted to share the latest podcast in our series on ‘Pensions and ESG’, featuring Emma Douglas, Head of DC at Legal & General Investment Management.
As policymakers, regulators and civil society groups increase the pressure on pension funds and asset managers to demonstrate that they are effectively managing environmental, social and governance risks, Emma discusses:
- LGIM’s approach to managing ESG risks in the context of its workplace DC schemes and on behalf of its trustee clients
- the successes that LGIM has had through its engagement with companies and what happens when engagement doesn’t work
- how trustees can assess whether their asset managers are taking ESG risks seriously
- how prepared the industry is to set climate-related metrics and targets and to conduct scenario analysis, and
- the risk of member complaints and legal challenges related to ESG issues.
To receive future podcasts in this series direct to your inbox subscribe to our UK pensions blog.
To view our other pensions podcasts, including the other podcasts in this series, click here.