As we enter dividend season Pensions Partner, Rachel Pinto, joins Professional Support Consultant, Tim Smith, to discuss how directors should approach decisions over the payment of dividends in light the Pensions Regulators extended powers which came into force on 1 October 2021. In particular, Rachel shares her views on:
• what directors need to be aware of in terms of the Pensions Regulator’s new powers this dividend season
• how this changes the way directors of companies and groups with defined benefit (DB) schemes should approach decisions regarding the payment of dividends, and
• other circumstances in which directors need to be alive to the new offences and regulatory sanctions.
For more analysis on how these new offences and regulatory sanctions may impact corporate activity check out:
- our recent blog – New pensions criminal offences and regulatory sanctions now in force
- our UK pensions regulatory hub.
For more information about how these new criminal offences and powers may impact your business or scheme, please speak to your usual HSF adviser or contact one of our specialists.