In the latest podcast from Herbert Smith Freehills’ pension team, Rachel Pinto, Partner, is joined by Rosie Fantom, Partner at Barnett Waddingham and Matt Richards, Senior Business Development Manager at Standard Life. They discuss the reasons why some schemes may choose to do a series of bulk annuity transactions, rather than a single transaction covering all of the scheme’s liabilities. In their conversation, Rachel, Rosie and Matt cover:
- Affordability and pricing
- Risk profile of scheme’s investments
- How to get insurers’ attention
- Data and benefit preparation
- How to tranche your scheme’s liabilities
- Challenges when residual risk cover is requested alongside a tranched approach
To view our other pensions podcasts, including the other podcasts in this series, click here.
If you would like to discuss any of the topics covered in this podcast speak with your usual HSF adviser or contact one of our specialists.