In this podcast, Paul Butcher, our Director of Public Policy, looks at:
- the unprecedented nature of the current situation for natural gas, coal and electricity
- the consequences we are seeing for industry and consumers
- what caused the crisis, including:
- the ‘series of unfortunate events’
- the surprising consequences of the pandemic and new ways of working
The discussion ends with what Paul argues is the main underlying cause that has allowed the other factors to be decisive: policymakers have left us in energy limbo rather than energy transition. In the second episode, out soon, discussion will turn to the Global energy crisis from a UK perspective.