Tuesday 21 October 2014, London, Dubai, Tokyo
9.30 – 10.30am BST
12.30 – 1.30pm GST
5.30 – 6.30pm JST
As the turmoil in Iraq shows no sign of abating, our panel of expert speakers draw from their own experience in advising clients in the oil and gas sector to consider the implications of this instability on international energy contracts, including:
- Hydrocarbon legislation in Iraq, including the positions of the Government of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRG) and the Federal Government of Iraq (FGI) in relation to power to legislate and contract for petroleum operations;
- The legal proceedings launched by the FGI against the KRG and third party purchasers of oil exported by the KRG;
- The implications of the ICC arbitration initiated by the FGI against Turkey under an Inter-Government Agreement;
- The impact on international energy contracts of a potential declaration of independence by the Kurdistan Region of Iraq; and
- The implications of export of oil from Iraq by IS (formerly ISIS).
- Matthew Weiniger QC, Partner
- Caroline Kehoe, Partner
- Dominic Roughton, Partner
- Christopher Thomson, Senior Associate
If you would like to register for this event please contact Jane Webber.
What is a webinar?
- A webinar is an online seminar delivered to your desktop. On the day of the webinar you will be sent a link to login to the live event.
- The webinar is recorded so you can listen again. If you are unable to listen to the live event, register anyway and you will be able to listen to the recorded version when convenient.
- CPD points are available for both events. The live event carries one accredited CPD point and the recording one non-accredited point. Further guidance can be found on the attachments tab.
- Audio is available via your PC. Click here to see if your system supports live audio streaming.
- The webinar is interactive and we welcome questions from our audience. Email your comments to the speakers on the day using the appropriate tab on the player.
- Check the attachments tab for a PDF copy of the slides and other relevant material.
… and the benefits to you
- One off registration – Register once to access any event. This will create your own account on BrightTALK, our webinar service provider. After registering you will gain access to a full programme of relevant events.
- Easier access to archived webinars – Each practice area channel holds full details of events held during the past year as well as forthcoming webinars.
- Add events to your calendar – When choosing a webinar there is now an option to add an appointment to your Outlook calendar. You can also manage your email alerts.
- Keep up-to-date with topics of emerging importance.
- Hear our experienced speakers from across our global network without leaving your office.