“PIL notes” is Herbert Smith Freehills’ new Public International Law know-how and news blog where you will find the latest developments on public international law topics, including investment arbitration, state immunity, boundaries and delimitation, international human rights and sanctions.
The blog has been created as a way to share updates and insights in an effective and user-friendly manner. There are a number of ways to navigate around the site, depending on what you are looking for:
- Click on a jurisdiction from the drop down menu if you want to find everything published in relation to a certain region or jurisdiction in which we operate.
- Click on a category from the list in the right-hand sidebar if you want to find everything published on the site relating to a general topic such as investment arbitration, sanctions or state immunity.
- Click on a tag from the “tag cloud” if you want to track what has been happening in relation to a more specific development. (Note that the size of text in the tag cloud varies depending on how many articles are tagged to a particular term.)
- Enter a term in the search box if you want to find all articles containing the term in question.
- Click on a month from the archive list if you want to find all articles on the site that were published in a particular month.
- Click on a photograph of one of the members of our team from the list in the right-hand sidebar if you want to see their CV and click on their name to send them an e-mail.
- Click on “Events” from the “About” drop down menu for news of forthcoming events as well as information about webinars which are available from the webinar archive.
Although the blog was launched on 4 September 2014, to make the site more useful we have “pre-populated” it with various blog posts on PIL topics posted on our Arbitration notes blog.
Please click here if you wish to provide feedback.