Herbert Smith Freehills LLP is pleased to announce that we are holding a Private Wealth Seminar at lunchtime on 10 July 2018 in Jersey.
The seminar will be considering the current and future focus of HMRC in connection with estate planning and key issues arising when tax and other professional advice goes wrong.
Topics covered will include:
- Penalties for advisers who enable avoidance and possible defences.
- Proposed simplification of inheritance tax and taxation of trusts.
- Changes to the taxation of non-UK residents holding UK real estate.
- UK tax implications of becoming deemed domicile under the recently amended UK rules.
- Potential claims by trustees against professional advisers in relation to UK tax advice and the structuring of assets.
- Considerations for trustees when bringing professional negligence claims.
If you are interested in attending, please click here for sign-up details.