Oversailing is an area of law that developers need to consider frequently, whether when lining up all the necessary consents for building a property, in due diligence exercises when selling or financing, or down the line when making alterations. It’s useful to be alive to the different aspects of oversailing, to ensure that relevant permissions and consents are obtained up front or, where necessary, steps are taken to mitigate against potential problems which could arise from not having them.
In this podcast, Kathryn Oie (Of Counsel) and Fiona Sawyer (Professional Support Lawyer) of the London Real Estate team discuss:
- what is oversailing, and why it matters;
- what property permissions might be needed and from whom;
- what statutory consents are required for oversailing highways;
- what other variations there are on oversailing, such as undersailing; and
- what can be done where it’s not possible to get the relevant permissions/consents.
For further information please contact: