“Real Estate Development Notes” is Herbert Smith Freehills’ blog where you will find the latest updates, articles and useful summaries on the legal aspects of UK real estate development topics including planning, general real estate, environment, construction, tax and real estate dispute resolution.
Please note that we are keeping the content of the blog focused on our development practice. We also have an outstanding real estate investment practice and energy and infrastructure practices. Click here for further information on the work of our full service Herbert Smith Freehills real estate team. We are also launching a shale gas hub page soon, click here to be notified of the launch.
How to navigate this blog site:
- Click on a category from the categories list in the right-hand sidebar if you want to find everything published on the site relating to a general topic such as environmental law or planning. These act like chapters in a book.
- Click on a tag from the “tag cloud” if you want to track what we have published in relation to a specific topic such as ‘community infrastructure levy’. (Note that the size of text in the tag cloud varies depending on how many articles are tagged to a particular term.) These tags act like words in an index at the back of a book.
- Enter a term in the search box if you want to find all articles containing the term in question.
- Click on a month from the archive list if you want to find all articles on the site that were published in a particular month.
- Click on one of the practice areas in the list on the right (relevant links) to find out more about each of those teams at Herbert Smith Freehills.
Please note that the blog was launched on 23 February 2016 but to make the site more useful we have populated it with selected articles sent out as e-bulletins or client briefings before that date.
Please click here if you wish to provide feedback.
Note: this blog is intended to provide a brief reference guide only and should not be relied upon as legal advice.