Herbert Smith Freehills real estate development team holds events, seminars and webinars to ensure clients and contacts are kept up-to-date with the latest developments on topics of interest and for networking purposes.
- Brexit Webinars: Contact us to register for upcoming events and to receive recordings of past webinars on the latest Brexit topics.
Herbert Smith Freehills real estate events in 2017
- MIPIM March 2018: Our HSF Real Estate team attended the real estate conference MIPIM 2018. Please get in touch to find out more about our team.
- Real Estate Tax seminar – the new UK Landscape: 31st January 2018: Herbert Smith Freehills ran seminar on some fundamental changes to the way in which commonly used UK real estate investment structures will be taxed from April 2019/2020, and how that may have an impact now on deal structuring. The speakers were Herbert Smith Freehills partners Neil Warriner, Will Arrenberg and senior associate Casey O’Hara. Please contact us for more information.
- Joint Venture Masterclass Seminars: Paul Chases, Partner and Rich Woods, Associate at Herbert Smith Freehills ran a series of Joint Venture Masterclass seminars, on 8, 15 and 22 November 2017. These can be accessed by webinar links, please register here or contact us for more information. The corporate real estate joint venture (“JV”) has become central to investment and development activity undertaken by the likes of property companies, private equity funds, institutional/overseas investors, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and individuals as parties increasingly look to share risk and reward.
- How to deal with planning objections in the social media age: Matthew White, Head of Planning, and Annika Holden, Associate (Australia) at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, gave a talk on 19 June 2017 with Chris Madel, Board Director of the London Communications Agency (LCA), on dealing with objections in the social media age. For more information, please contact us.
- MIPIM March 2017: A team from our Real Estate practice attended the MIPIM Real Estate Exhibition in Cannes, France from 14 – 17 March 2017. Click here to see our MIPIM team.
- Gillian Wearing and Claude Cahun: Behind The Mask, Another Mask – Private viewing at the National Portrait Gallery: Herbert Smith Freehills hosted this women’s event at the National Portrait Gallery on 9 March 2017. Please contact us for more information.
Herbert Smith Freehills real estate events in 2016
- Flood Resilience: Science for the Green Economy: Herbert Smith Freehills hosted this seminar on 2 November 2016. The Government has issued a National Flood Resilience Review identifying that 530 critical infrastructure sites in the UK are at serious risk. The seminar reported on this review, the legal implications going forward and the experience of natural flood management through river restoration. Speakers included Martin Janes, Managing Director, the River Restoration Centre and Sarah McNally, Insurance Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP. See also our previous development blog post on flooding here.
- Brexit Seminar: Countdown to the Referendum: Herbert Smith Freehills hosted this session for clients on Wednesday 25 May 2016. The session was chaired by Dorothy Livingston, joined by Adam Johnson and Gavin Williams, Daniel Finkelstein OBE, Associate Editor at The Times and Dr Gerard Lyons, international economist and writer. For more information please contact us.
- Science for the Green Economy Seminar: Air Quality: Herbert Smith Freehills hosted this topical event on air quality on Wednesday 18 May 2016 with Cranfield University. The speakers explored the latest understanding and methodology of the science of air pollution, the relevant legal and policy framework and the implications for property developers and investors. The speakers included Matthew White, Head of Planning & Environment, Herbert Smith Freehills, Professor Alistair Lewis, Deputy Director, National Centre for Atmospheric Science, Dr Sean Tyrrel, Reader in Environmental Microbiology, Cranfield University.
- Brexit: the legal and business implications: Herbert Smith Freehills hosted this seminar for clients of the firm on Thursday 14 April 2016. Please contact us for more information.
- MIPIM March 2016: A team from our Real Estate practice attended the MIPIM Real Estate Exhibition in Cannes, France from 15 – 18 March 2016. Click here to see our MIPIM team.
- Vogue 100 – A Century of Style: Private View at the National Portrait Gallery: Herbert Smith Freehills hosted this women’s event at the National Portrait Gallery on 8 March to view the exhibition “Vogue 100 – a century of style”.
Please click here to join the mailing list for Herbert Smith Freehills real estate events.
Herbert Smith Freehills will be hosting more Exchange Network events aimed at women in real estate. Click here to join our Exchange Network mailing list.
Seminars and webinars
Herbert Smith Freehills provide a number of educational seminars and webinars. We will advertise forthcoming seminars and webinars on the blog and we can contribute to client training programmes. Please contact us for more information or with suggestions for topics.